Friday, February 10, 2006

Waitlisted at NYU

Although, I'm a little upset, I pretty much expected this. NYU appears to have been waitlisting hordes of R1 applicants and my essays to NYU were mediocre(being my first bschool application and all). It'll be interesting now to see what Columbia will decide on my application. Columbia essays, in my view, were pretty much same level as Chicago.

NYU encourages waitlisted applicants to send supplemental materials to strengthen their case. And given the high number of waitlisted applicants, I can't imagine how they handle the immense volume of letters they'll be receiving almost everyday. So, whatever I decide to send has to be quite impacting. An average "I so love NYU.." letter will not cut it. Will think about it after finishing my Chicago interview which I've scheduled for Monday.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 10 February, 2006 08:36, Blogger SgHama said...

Chin up... it was your first app. Good luck on Monday with Chi!

 
At 10 February, 2006 10:05, Blogger Forrest Gump said...

never mind the NYU waitlist - but do make sure to send that letter even if you rock your Chicago interview.

Good luck for Monday.

 
At 13 February, 2006 11:11, Blogger vishy said...

all the best for ur interview da.. u must most be on ur way now...

 
At 15 February, 2006 02:30, Blogger vishy said...

interview eppadi poochu?? see ya soon in Chicago..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home