Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Back to square one

I am back wondering if applying to MBA programs was the right move at this point in my career. I mean, I have just two years of experience to write about and my not too distant undergrad record sucks. What was I thinking when I pressed submit on that Columbia app y'day? 215 f***in' USD - up in smoke. Seriously, what happened to that quantitative geek in me that was oh-so-deeply in love with financial engineering. Where did I lose my way? I think I got carried away by my GMAT score. And the glamour and allure of an MBA got to me. Damn these MBA bloggers :P

Now that I've woken up to the reality. What can I do? Try to apply to quant finance programs now? I think I'm now a little too far along to change course. What is the contingency plan if I get rejected at all schools? I have too much to think about and too many decisions to make right now.

Maybe, an NYU interview invite will put brakes on my paranoid rant about how bschool was a bad choice in the first place. Is someone from Greenwich village listening?

3 Comments:

At 28 December, 2005 20:44, Blogger Forrest Gump said...

hey - dont let all these thoughts worry you at this stage. try thinking about a fleeting trend or passing phenomena, which you used to transform the lives of others ;))

wishing you a very happy new year.

 
At 02 January, 2006 21:20, Blogger Taxman said...

Don't get paranoid too soon.. You never know when lady luck strikes it right.

 
At 05 January, 2006 10:39, Blogger vishy said...

relax and wait man. dont jump to ur own conclusions.. part of application fee also includes a fee for them to decide ( unfortunately ) so let them do the thinking now.. u gotta sit back like forrest gump on that chair ( see the snap above ) and wait patiently..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home