Monday, October 17, 2005

This and that

Portfolio

I finally have a portfolio of schools I'll be applying to. See side bar to the right for the list. And with that, I'm officially an "MBA applicant blogger". It is going to MBA related posts all the way from here on until one of these fellas on my list admit me!

LBS Info Session

Happened last week. I wasn't particularly keen on going as it meant having to miss my stats class. But the LBS application specifically asks of the steps you've taken to learn more about the school, events attended, names of the people you spoke to, alumni/current students you discussed the school with, etc.

I managed to talk to a pretty admissions officer long enough to get her visiting card. Have sent her an email asking to be put in touch with a current student.

U.S Co-Signor

My dad gave me a contact in the U.S who is willing to act as co-signor should I need to take out loans in the U.S. Spoke with this contact over the phone this weekend - nice enough guy. So, one less thing to worry about now.

More importantly, this opens up a few more schools that I was initially interested in but had later discounted on the basis of non-availability of a "U.S co-signor free loan".

Essays

I'm still hoping to submit my Chicago application for R1. But the essays might just spoil the party. Whatever I think of in my head comes out sounding so differently when I write it down. Damn my writing skills..

1 Comments:

At 17 October, 2005 19:42, Blogger Forrest Gump said...

didnt know LBS makes it kinda mandatory to attend receptions. and i had to pass on the pretty adcom, but it's good that you got her card.

IESE seems to be an interesting choice - I believe it falls in line with your career goals.

best

 

Post a Comment

<< Home