Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Aimless, Clueless, Shameless

My thoughts on attending grad school are in a total mess right now. Before GMAT, I was very clear, quantfinance was all I had in mind. Now, after talking to a few too many people, my mind is totally muddled. Some my "well-wishers" have put the thought of MBA into my head.

As a result, I too have joined the band of confused souls who go to each and every forum available, post stats and ask of their chances of getting into various bschools. The questions you see on these forums range from the usual Is my GPA too low, Am I too old, Should I re-take GMAT to the outrageous - I finished 4th at the Athens Olympics, do you think I'll be perceived as not competitive enough?!

Anyway, on a more serious note, my lean towards MBA now is not totally without basis. After studying for CFA level 1, my interest in finance has gone up one notch and I am starting to wonder if I might like a less quantitative finance job (say, product structuring) better than one that involves hardcore quantitative modelling. Obviously, MBA is a better choice in the light of such indecision(going with the whole MBA-offers-more-flexibility thing). And in the middle of all this, someone in one of the forums suggested that I should look at MS in finance programs, if finance is what I wanted.

So, what is it that I really want ? - Money, lots of it!!

2 Comments:

At 24 August, 2005 15:42, Blogger Random Access said...

Money shud not be the main goal..It shud be a bi-product. Ofcourse lots ;) That makes it all worthwhile :)

Random Access
The search has just begun !!!

 
At 25 August, 2005 14:32, Blogger Kaps said...

Dinesh,

I picked up ur ID from the blogger profile page.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home