Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Baywatch

I watched this programme in Star World on life after Baywatch of the stars that acted in it yesterday. Personally, as much I had wanted to, I've never watched a single episode of Baywatch ever! We never subscribed to pay channels at our home and hence never really had the opportunity (Thanks dad!).

The closest I ever came to watching one was on our school trip to Delhi/Agra/Jaipur. It still remains the best vacation I've ever been on. Although, the details are quite sketchy in memory now (happened in 9th std), I remember that we stayed for a night in what we were told was a 3 star hotel in Jaipur - Hawa Mahal.

I googled for this hotel now and managed to get a few pics! Although I can see now that it wasn't a 3 star hotel after all, back then, it did seem believable to the naive me.

You can find pics here

Anyways, this hotel had Star TV! and one of the "mature" friends in our room said that we could watch Baywatch tonight as it aires on this day of the week at 11:30 p.m. So, here we are, 4 adolescent kids in a "3 star" air-conditioned hotel room waiting for the clock to run a little faster.

We had been visiting a lot of places in Jaipur earlier that day and had checked into the hotel at about 7ish in the evening. And I was totally sleepy. We kept flipping channels for a while and somehow I slipped into sleep much before 11:30 p.m.

The next day I asked the guys if they did watch Baywatch and apparently they did. I was told I didn't miss much and that the episode hardly "showed" anything!! But still, I really did beat myself up for missing it.

Maybe I should download one episode through some p2p application and watch it now - just for the heck of it..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home