Saturday, May 07, 2005

Of Italian interests & afternoon showers

My friends from R&D and I were returning after a good afternoon's meal when we spotted that Italian girl everyone had hots for. She worked in my building. R&D was right next to the canteen while mine was 10 mins walk from there. I started predicting how it's gonna start to rain and that if I followed her, I could maybe even offer to take her in my umbrella.

Extra fitting

Chill: But you don't have an umbrella!
Me(snatching his): Now I do!!

/Extra fitting

But, in actual fact, I did borrow his umbrella. And so, having gotten what I wanted, I bade the R&D wimps a strong Italian accented "Ciao!". I started following her while maintaining 10 paces between herself and me. By Jove! it started drizzling. I opened my umbrella (And no! I never ever had the guts to ask any girl if she wanted to share an umbrella, let alone a totally hot italian stranger!). I was curious see if she would run back to the canteen, afterall had barely walked a 100ft, or if she would walk on not minding the rain.

But neither of this happened, she coyly opened her petite luis vuitton bag and took out an umbrella - I could never guess that hand bag could have fitted one inside! Anyways, she was not walking to my office as I had predicted, she stopped at the main building on the way (yeah, we have 7 office buildings in that area) and I was left in the cold, with the rain getting heavier and another 100m to walk.

I was dressed down in a t-shirt blue jeans and my new n expensive Reebok running shoes. The wind, constantly changing direction, (or wait a minute, was it that I make a few left and right turns, not sure which was it right now) made sure I got completely soaked knees under. As I was about to enter my over air-conditioned office, I saw a few Italians with all their extra large umbrellas and weather-proof Gucci shoes smoking outside and laughing over something. I guess it must have been me. Maybe she called these guys up and told them about me. Damn you Reebok - so much for all the pores n the air cushion technology.

I'm thinking of suing Reebok for not warning about the pores and hence the unsuitability of the shoes in inclement weather. While my R&D friends are still investigating if my wrong usage of the umbrella was problem and not the shoes, few of my sympathetic Italian friends have already agreed to get me a pair of Gucci the next time they visit. Ofcourse, I am to keep away from all the Italian women.

6 Comments:

At 10 May, 2005 00:38, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10 May, 2005 00:38, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10 May, 2005 00:39, Blogger Random Access said...

probably u shud get a hitch-hiker by ur side?

Go into the world of al'italia
But beware of the mafia...
Nee avala romba too much a nokia
Make sure shes wearing shoes n not chappal ya...

Random Access
The search has just begun !!! (to analyse the similarities between schumi n me)

 
At 10 May, 2005 00:41, Blogger Random Access said...

oops, sorry abt that... typical .Net problem... :)

Postback events are kept in the cache and are fired sequentially, even if the postback was accidentally triggered and the user tries to cancel it, if you understand what I mean...

Howz ur VB.Net btw?

 
At 10 May, 2005 08:27, Blogger Dinesh said...

I really don't! Anyways, nice haiku. VB.Net is still in cold freeze..

 
At 13 June, 2005 00:34, Anonymous Anonymous said...

2 comments deleted?? Geez, I wonder what they suggested about the umbrella, or maybe the reason for you soaking up your pants ;)

Lookit our hero bidding bye to the R&D "wimps" enclosing his "extra fitting" in a typical html/perl script block demarcator.. wimps vs the geeks, wonder where the nerds work, management? ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home