Thursday, March 10, 2005

Lies, damned lies & statistics

Into my 33rd straight hour since I last slept. And it's a wednesday afternoon at work after a nice lunch. Yes, the perfect time to blog. You should know that I'm doing a part-time masters in statistics & applied probabilty. Now, I have an assignment to turn in for one of the courses. It is due today and the perfect procastinator that I am, I started working on it last night. I opened my notes, (time 11:40 p.m), I slowly took to understanding the plethora of greek alphabets (mind you, all of 'em had subscripts & were inside a double summation!!) And then,

TV (Star World): So no one told you life was gonna be this way...

Friends! (Season 5, i think - the one with emily and all) This is the best thing about bachelor homes, you'll always have one good house-mate thats ever willing to give you enough reasons to turn away from books. Slowly, one by one, all guys went off to sleep, I did some quality study for 2 hours and started on the assignment. I had finished only 2 sub divisions in question 1 and it was already 3:30 a.m. Took a short break here and by the time I had more or less won my battle against the greek warriors, I could already hear the first bus go past our house, it was 5:30 a.m. Bye bye night's sleep..

Oh and by the way, I did watch, in parts, the 2 champions league cup matches cheslea vs Barcelona and ManU against AC Milan. Now I am not the greatest of football fans, but you don't need to be one to understand appreciate Ronaldinho's magic and pace. Alas, we won't see anymore of him in the Champions league this season. But the russian tycoon is smiling. His most expensive toy, Chelsea, are in the quarterfinals.

2 Comments:

At 09 March, 2005 21:26, Blogger vishy said...

hi da,
nice one there. remnds my of my final yr project.. the hostel was right next to a highway and arailway station.. i still rem those days when the last train wld go by and ..i wouldbe still wroking hopeless.. till the first train goes by..

but now i realised theres no use doin tht.. beyond a level u cant imporve ur efficiency ..

 
At 09 March, 2005 22:40, Blogger Dinesh said...

You're the first one to comment!! Nice to meet you here..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home