Friday, August 26, 2005

All eggs in Yale's basket

Finally, I have deicided to stick to my guns and apply mainly to quant finance programs only. There is going to be just one MBA application though. And it will go out to New Haven, Connecticut (Yale).

Given my profile, I think Yale is where I have the best shot (among the schools I considered). Gonna give this application my everything. Yale also has very good placement record in finance. So my career objectives will be met. Besides, going to Yale will be fulfilling a vague dream of studying at an ivy league institution!

Man, if I can pull off this one...

4 Comments:

At 26 August, 2005 23:49, Blogger Cogito said...

Good luck ! Though my advice is to apply to at least 3 schools ..

 
At 28 August, 2005 06:20, Blogger vishy said...

hmm dei don't worry too much da.. there are 2 basic things u need to consider..
1. schools where u want to study
2. schools where u find a progarm of ur interest

and another factor is
3. schools that wld give u an admit..

now the 3rd one might seem to be the most important.. but make sure that you always have a combinations of either 1+3 or 2+3...

most of the time u get only option 3.. then u have to get rid of all ur expectations interms of standard of education.. and make clear tht ur admit is just an easier way of entering the US..

try to do a research on the programs offered by the schools... ie content wise.. and see if thts wht u want to do. and then choose a few top schools a few decent one and few down the order..

now

 
At 29 August, 2005 09:20, Blogger Dinesh said...

Ya, I'm considering more schools - they are all for quant finance.

I'm not really interested in an MBA right now. So sending just one app in round 1 and see how far I can go. Maybe, I'll apply in round 2 to a few more b-schools.

 
At 06 October, 2005 16:53, Blogger Angelsera said...

hmm ..all the best for ur applications

 

Post a Comment

<< Home