Monday, October 31, 2005

Dad's doing his(my) homework

Found out while chatting home last night that my dad had been to a Princeton Review (PR) centre in Chennai to find out all about this 'MBA admissions process'. He is now asking me why I'm not applying to Stanford or Harvard! Apparently some guy at PR told my dad that with my GMAT and work ex. I should have a good shot at these places. And, to make it worse, none of the schools I'm applying to, except Chicago, came up in their chat on good schools. He now maintains that I should apply to at least one of H/S/W/K - the four best schools - and that I'm aiming too low.

Reminds of the time when my dad bought sweets on IIT-JEE results' eve to celebrate after the results the next day. I kinda knew my fate and was prepared for it but I was almost in tears when I found out that my dad was so confident that I'll pass.

I guess only parents are capable of having such infinite faith in us. Perhaps I should ask the admissions committee to have a little chat with my dad first :)

5 Comments:

At 31 October, 2005 20:58, Blogger Cogito said...

Seems to be an amazing dad !

 
At 31 October, 2005 21:41, Blogger Forrest Gump said...

lucky you !

 
At 31 October, 2005 22:28, Blogger Forrest Gump said...

forgot to ask - which school is getting lucky ?

 
At 01 November, 2005 07:36, Blogger Dinesh said...

Nope. No changes to my school list. I'm having enough trouble with essays as it is.

 
At 02 November, 2005 12:35, Blogger vishy said...

Yeah.. I sometimes feel our parents keep thinking abt us all time even though we are thousands of miles apart..

ANd yeah.. sometimes I feel I had even 1% of the confidence that my parents have on me.. I would be far more sucessful.

And yeah.. when u get ur admit.. U shld send a letter to ur dad first and then to the Univ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home