Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Chicago Invite!

Finally, after weeks of restless waiting, some news in the right direction - Invited to interview at UChicago!! This lifts a huge stress off me. I was beginning to doubt the strength of my candidacy as the deadline for receiving invites neared.

However, New York continues to remain as silent as ever. It's been ages since both my NYU & Columbia applications went complete. Still no word. I hope I receive as pleasant a surprise from the two schools as I received with Chicago. Fingers crossed.

I re-read my application essays to all the three schools today. I could see a marked difference between my Chicago essays and the rest. (Chicago was my last application and hence it is obviously expected to be better than the previous ones. But the difference I'm talking about here is more significant than just a result of the natural learning curve in any process). Or, it's just me trying to justify the Chicago invite. Any psychology majors out there?!

I'll be able to lend more insight into this once I know the other schools' decisions.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 07 February, 2006 13:37, Blogger Forrest Gump said...

this is great news. Congratulations and Good Luck !

 
At 07 February, 2006 21:51, Blogger Cogito said...

congrats. This is great news.

 
At 07 February, 2006 22:18, Blogger vishy said...

congrats da buddy... dei btwn.. post something on ur blog da.. mabbbe ur poems....

 
At 07 February, 2006 22:18, Blogger Taxman said...

Brilliant stuff man.. It was worth the wait!

 
At 07 February, 2006 22:53, Blogger SgHama said...

Congrats on the invite... go get 'em!

 
At 14 February, 2006 14:03, Blogger Forrest Gump said...

hey - how did your interview go ? it was supposed to be yesterday, right ?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home